Josué Moreno (1980 Jaén, Spain)
composer, sound artist, researcher
Behind his artistic practice there are two main ideas: the metaphor of “sound as space to articulate” and, collaboration as artistic means, hence the very interdisciplinary nature of his projects.
Moreno researches the concepts of urban sonic acupuncture and site-specific sonic interventions in his work, which varies from purely instrumental music to sound installations and interactive software. His work has been presented in important festivals and forums such as Jiem (Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía Madrid), Synthèse (Bourges), Festival de Música Contemporánea de Alicante and Seoul International Computer Music Festival. His work has been supported and commissioned by institutions such as Fundación Phonos (Barcelona), Sibelius Academy Development Centre Helsinki, CDMC(Centro para la Difusión de la Música Contemporánea), Musicadhoy/Operadhoy, ENPARTS (European Network of Performing Arts) and Kone Foundation Finland. His music has been published in several CDs of recent release under the labels Marmita-Música Viva and AMEE. He worked in the generative design, interactivity and implementation of the sound environment for the Finnish Pavilion of the Shanghai Expo 2010.
He is currently living in Helsinki (Finland) developing an artistic research project around Urban Sonic Acupuncture supported by Niilo Helander Foundation and Sibelius Academy. In September 22nd 2016 he will present a huge audio-architectural installation at Helsinki’s Wintergarden for the Pixelache Festival.
WORKS: MUSICAL COMPOSITIONS, INSTALLATIONS, MULTIMEDIA
• PIANOSCULPTURE for Mario Prisuelos. Sonic acupuncture for piano and electronics. April 2016
• Interventio I Part 1/Part 2. Sonic intervention. February-April 2015
• una voz, todas las voces. Concert-Installation. November 2014
• Uniendo los canales beberéis otras aguas. Mono tape encrypted on a stereo piece. October 2013
• I’m sitting in the rain for amplified ensemble and live electronics. September 2013
• Stabat Mater. Musical theater in collaboration with the dramaturg Raúl Arbeloa. June 2013
• IN-AUDITO. Bass clarinet and live electronics. December 2012
• flowing micros. Stereo tape. October 2012
• PRESENCE:NET. Sound and visual installation in collaboration with visual artist Gema Álava. October 2012
• 58 formas de recordar un acorde for piano and actuator. June 2012
• Missa Brevis. De las mil y una forma de echar de menos o pasar sed. Concert-Installation for organ and ecclesiastic space. May 2012
• defun(HaP) for amplified ensemble and live electronics. January 2012
• The Oracle: Tell me a secret. Sound and visual installation in collaboration with visual artist Gema Álava. October 2011
• FANtasy, performance installation in collaboration with performer Claire Cunningham. August 2011. • end for piano. Piano solo. February 2011. November 2011
• for ensemble HaP. Ensemble and live electronics. September 2010
• Flocking Behavior. Stereo tape. September 2010
• Texto 28 no 1. Video. June 2009
• für Alina und Alina. Flute duo, May 2009
• savikagasHaP. Viola and live electronics. April 2009
• Introducing Herr Hans Scrubber. Piano and live electronics. April 2009
• Romanian Trip. Stereo Tape. December 2008
• for Clarinet and Accordion HaP. Clarinet and accordion. November 2008
• HaP60. Stereo tape. September 2008
• GRAIN. Video-Art. May 2008
• micros. Stereo tape.April 2008
• rondóHaP. Piano and actuators. April 2008
• Gates. Sound-Installation (Choreographed ambience recording). April 2008
• grainHaP. Stereo tape. January 2008
• accordionHaP, accordion and live electronics. October 2008
• LáPiCes. Stereo tape. September 2007
• tuutulaulu, Clarinet, electric guitar and live electronics, May 2007
• Kahdeksan, software-8 channel, February 2007
• 2Suzcu_ST, software-stereo, April 2006
• Cervantes ’05.1, Stereo tape. July 2005
• Nahikari 1-2, piano and live electronics. April 2005
• The mind’s blindness lesson, Stereo tape. June 2004
• Khorovode (Nuevas Salmodias), string quartet. June 2003
• Dos Intentos, piano. October 2001
• Uniendo los canales beberéis otras aguas. Mono tape encrypted on a stereo piece included on the CD “Aram Slobodian Homenaje”. October 2013
• flowing micros. Stereo tape included on the CD “Sound-In 2012”. Sound-In Estampa 2012
• Flocking Behavior, Stereo Tape. Triple CD compilation AMEE 2010
• HaP60, Música Concreta 60 Aniversario “2,49” AMEE Depósito Legal: M-52118-2008
• LáPiCes, AMEE20, 20 aniversario de la Asociación de Música Electroacústica de España. CD: Marmita-Música Viva. EXS-SÈRIES MMV-003
• Interactivity and generative design and implementation of the sound environment of the Finnish Pavilion for the Shanghai Expo 2010.
• Programming and provability design for the sound installation E100 by James Andean & François Xavier Saint-Pierre. TIFF (Toronto International Film Festival) 2010.
• Development of the library RSMlib (Rhythmic Similarity Measures Library) for the programming environment PWGL. Release date for the beta version: June 2010
• Research assistant for the Clara-project hired by Mikael Laurson, Sibelius Academy Helsinki 2009/10.
• Master in Music Technology at Sibelius Akatemia Helsinki (2007-2011).
• Master Degree in Composition at Conservatorio Superior de Música ’Joaquín Rodrigo’ Valencia. (2002-2007)